Lagniappe

a little something extra

Saturday, March 04, 2006

weekend projection

Tripp posted his plan for what looks like a very busy weekend, then asked what his readers' weekends look like. Here's what I expect of mine:

Friday: Lots of people were out of the office, so I finished up early and went out for happy hour with a friend and still got home before full dark. In the evening I made a very simple but yummy pasta dish with spinach for dinner, watched an episode of Colonial House (thank you, Netflix) and worked on an afghan I'm making for a friend.

Saturday: Laundry and errands in the morning. I need to pick up the hardware to install my shiny new California license plates, and I need to get groceries. I also need to get home by 11:30 so I can change my clothes and be out again by noon. On that trip I'll stop at work for a couple of minutes, probably drop off my recycling at the recycling center, then meet my friend Marya in Long Beach. I'm considering moving up there at the end of my current lease, and she's offered to show me around the neighborhoods. After that I'll continue north to Burbank where I'm meeting other theatrical literary people for dinner, then seeing a production of The Glass Menagerie.

Sunday: Service at the Church of What's Happenin' Now, then no further travels, unless I decide to stop by the farmer's market. I'll put the license plates on, cook chili-glazed tofu with asparagus and rice, work on the afghan, and watch either the Oscars (which I don't really care about at all) or the Netflix disc of The Music Man that is scheduled to arrive today. A director I like is plotting an unorthodox production of The Music Man, and I'm thinking about trying to weasel my way onto the production team.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Erin said...

And she is ...
Musical in thought and voice
Empathic, you know?
Garrulous in the best of ways
Adept at many things, and so a true
Nonpareil!
(And they called your vocabulary complex, hee hee hee...)
Have a great birthday!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

What a wonderful thing to find on my screen when I came into work this morning! I'm going to copy and paste them into a post of their own. Thanks, you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home