Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

of muffins, valentines, karma, and travels

A smorgasbord update tonight.

First, my sister Erin sent me a batch of muffins last week. Never have muffins traveled so far in such good condition with so much good will behind them. She made them in the D.C. area and mailed them to me here in southern CA as a gesture of comfort over my recent job disappointment. They arrived without a crumb out of place. Nine of them are still resting in my freezer. The other three were delicious. :-)

I'm not going to dwell long on Valentine's Day for the extremely single. I enjoyed happy e-valentines from my friend Tripp and my friend Sara, and while I ate dinner tonight I thought a bit about how maintaining the love in your life on a year-round basis takes the sting right out of Hallmark's favorite holiday, even when your most recent date has long since sailed into the distant beginning-to-be-forgotten past.

Dear Readers, please aim your good karma towards my brother Joe, who had what looks and smells like a potentially successful job interview this week. He should be told the results within the next couple of weeks. So that's one. Also please direct your immediate short-term karma towards my sister Shannon, who has a job interview this Thursday and another couple of possibilities in the works. Her delivering notice at her present job is a consummation devoutly to be wished. (I also devoutly wish I could remember where I picked that phrase up, its rhythm is so delicious.)

Finally, I'm headed out of town over the weekend to do my college theatre festival thing. It'll be cold, much colder than here, so send me warm thoughts.

6 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Tho I am comprehensively besotted with my wife, I believe I might detest this "holiday" most of all. I've become more and more disgruntled with the greeting card industry in general - the idea is that they can find something to say to my loved ones that is more pertinent or eloquent than anything I myself am capable of devising.

You know me for a very long winded constructor of sentences indeed, so I find this particular idea perfectly repugnant. It's probably why I almost never send cards to anyone for any reason. I'd rather tell you myself.

That said, I damn well should have sent you a Valentine's Day greeting none-the-less, and I'm pitifuly woe-ridden for having neglected you. So, Happiest of all Happy February 15ths to you, dear heart... good vibes for everyone, on the house!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I can't believe that the lawyer is providing this information to the dramaturg, but, well, here goes ... it's from Hamlet. The "To sleep, perchance to dream" soliloquy. Have a great trip to la fiesta!

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Ben, I have two words for you: blank cards.

Erin, you're right. Mom also emailed me with that info. My credibility may have plummeted, but there's always my family to back me up!

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

Oddly, that information appeared to be mistakenly placed in Erin's 1/5. Mom and Dad really need to be more careful abouy how they divvied up the 1/5ths. Mom and Dad, you are on notice.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

Besotted I am. I cannot help it. Benjamin is right on the money. Trish and I ordered in and watched the Olympics.

Warm thoughts in your general directions.

Good job karma in all others.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Cristopher said...

I didn't know you could *send* karma. Cool. Is there a delivery charge somewhere?

And I love you too.

And I never send valentines cards either. bah. humbug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home