Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Church of What's Happenin' Now, part 3 of whatever

I like the short prayer with which the Church of What's Happenin' Now closes each Sunday morning service. I've been meaning to post it for a while now, and since I have it at hand, here it is:

As the earth keeps turning, hurtling through space,
and night falls and day breaks from land to land,
let us remember people, waking, sleeping, being born and dying --
one world, one humanity. Let us go from here in peace.
Amen.

****************************

Tomorrow I'm going to one day of this conference, partly organized by this guy who has been my friend for a long time now and is a leading light in my artistic life. While the subject matter of the conference is admittedly heavy, it answers my perpetual need to figure out how what I do makes a difference in the world.

Next month I'm going to two and a half days of this conference, where I expect to know approximately one other person. Nothing like being the new kid in the region! The difference-making is clearer, though -- another opportunity to warp young minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home