Lagniappe

a little something extra

Friday, January 20, 2006

riiiiight... what's a meme?

A meme (rhymes with theme) is a unit of information passed from one mind to another. The word is derived from the Greek mimesis, meaning "something imitated." Memes pass from generation to generation by informal means and occasionally show mutations, just like genes. The Internet is great for memes. Today's blog entry, the Friday Feast, is a meme I pulled off Tripp's blog.

friday feast

Appetizer: About how many times per day do you check your email?
My work email is open all day long. I'd estimate I check my "home" email at least seven times during a working day; less often on the weekend, but still usually at least daily.

Soup: If you had the money to collect something really valuable, what would it be?
I don't like collecting things. If I had the money to collect something really valuable, I'd use it for another purpose.

Salad: Write a sentence using the letters of your favorite beverage. (Example: The egret admires.)
Rolling effortlessly down Zanzibar's infinite nacreous foothills, Alice never dropped Eleanor's ladle.

Main Course: If you could be on a game show, which one would you want it to be?
I could make mucho bucks on Jeopardy.

Dessert: Name 3 computer programs or web sites you would hate to be without.
Cafe Utne
Gmail
Free Will Astrology
I am not loyal to software.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Ha! Thank you. I confess, I turned to thesaurus.com for inspiration on a couple of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home