Lagniappe

a little something extra

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year from the mortgage company

This morning I opened yesterday's mail, including an envelope from my (new) mortgage company. This company just bought my loan from the previous company, who had bought it from the organization through whom I originally borrowed the money. Apparently, I and my property are... a hot property.

Anyway, this morning I opened the envelope to discover that New Mortgage Company had determined that there was too much money lurking in my escrow account. My county taxes were lower than estimated last year, so they sent me the surplus in check form, and reduced my mortgage payments for the coming year.

Now, the surplus is getting turned around and sent back to them as my next monthly payment. But still, it was a nice surprise!

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

What a lovely holiday gift from Uncle Mortgage Company!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home