Lagniappe

a little something extra

Saturday, December 17, 2005

healthy again

The cold has been defeated. Au revoir, cold.

'Tis the weekend before Christmas, and I'm spending most of the time working. I got up early this morning to get the oil changed in my car, and since I don't need to be at work till midafternoon this gives me several hours to do errands and general life management. My Christmas gifts for family are all on their way to the house where I'll be staying next weekend, so I'll do the last bit of shopping today (picking up one part of a gift, and all the stocking stuffers) and voila! I will be done.

I expect I'll have to go to rehearsal tomorrow also, and since the director intends to take both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, they're making up the missing day by working on Monday. It's an unusually long stretch of rehearsal days in a row; the ordinary Equity schedule is six days on, one day off. If you want to change that the Equity members in the cast have to vote to approve it.

I will get back to blogging about the church stuff eventually. It's interesting to me to approach the winter solstice and think about all the holidays celebrating divinity in many forms around this time of year. I love this season, with early sunsets and long dark nights (I almost wrote "long frosty nights," but I'm in SoCal!) So whether a person is celebrating Yule or Solstice or Christmas or Hanukah or Kwanzaa or any of the other holidays marked all over the world as we get ready to approach the sun again... happy holidays to you all, brothers and sisters.

And for those of you keeping score at home, my annual amaryllis is now 10" tall. It has leaves and a bud, but I can't tell yet what color the bloom will be.

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

I am reaping the "rewards" of my earlier amaryllis comment. My stalk/bulb from this year is only about 4" tall, and last year's refused to rise as the phoenix it should be... Apparently, it took great offense to my characterization of it as a "damn thing". Way to go, me. plants: 2 million, Colleen: zero.

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Well, they do say that plants grow better if you talk to them. Maybe yours are just not into being talked about thus.

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

Plants normally DIE when I talk to them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home