Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Election Day

I cast my first ballot in Orange County today. My polling place is my local public library, and I was happy to discover a short line of people waiting to vote when I got there this morning.

This was the first time, though, that I've voted on a ticket that included not a single actual candidate for office. Welcome to California, Land of the Proposition, Home of the Referendum.

There were eight propositions and four referendi on today's slate. I voted three Yeses and nine Nos -- I'll leave it to you to research and speculate where they might have fallen.

In other news, I notified the chorus that I would not be able to sing the holiday concert because of the work timing conflict I mentioned in my previous post here. But, I told them I would be delighted to rejoin them for the Brahms in the spring if they're up for that. No word back yet.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Blogger Erin said...

And you'll get to vote again in December, ain't you lucky? At least then there will be some real live people on the ballot (assuming one considers candidates to be people, that is ...)

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

I'll hope they will be!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home