Lagniappe

a little something extra

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

a couple of fun links

I've been blogneglecting, if not outright blogslacking. Motivate me to post by commenting, ye readers! Meanwhile, a few disparate links for your delectation.

My long-distance friend Gavin (who enjoys the distinction of being one of the ten most literate people I know, and that's fierce competition in my world) sent me this link to the Double-Tongued Word Wrester online dictionary. It collects and showcases new word and phrase coinages -- more nouveau combinations than actual true new made-up words. Heavy on the jargon from various interest groups and industries that somehow bleeds out into the vocabulary of the world at large.

My sister Shannon is about to run the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend. Evidently the Corps is way up with the digital age, because they have an online marathon runner tracker system. If you want to see how Shannon's doing on Sunday morning, you can track her at runner number 14570. Go Shannon go!

Lastly, this link to the local paper's review of Pacific Chorale's performance of Carmina Burana and Voices of Light this past weekend. Y'all who sing, especially with the Festival Singers of Atlanta, should feel free to envy me because Stephen Paulus spent the weekend with us. The chorus treated him like a rock star, which is funny because he's a mild-mannered composer of classical music who lives in St. Paul. I probably saw him at some point when I was living in the Twin Cities but didn't yet know about him or his music.

Happy link jumping!

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

An excellent tool for that!

I hope you're well. I was just thinking about you yesterday. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home