Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, November 10, 2005

happy outcome

I mentioned in an earlier post the calendar conflict between a freelance job with this company, and this performance by Pacific Chorale. I'd emailed a note to my section leader and the Chorale's manager, with the request that they share it with the artistic director. In it I explained the conflict and told them that while I couldn't participate in this performance, I would be happy to rejoin the Chorale after New Year's if they were up for that. I also told them I would come to last night's rehearsal to drop off my music for the concert I wouldn't be singing.

Pacific Chorale takes itself very seriously. Very seriously. Potentially-intolerant-to-any-outside-conflict seriously.

So imagine my pleased surprise when I was greeted at rehearsal last night by the Chorale's personnel manager, who told me they would be delighted to have me back after New Year's for the last two concert programs of the season. Easy as pie.

7 Comments:

At 6:52 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Excellent news!

They have to know that pissing you off is just the wrong thing to do. First of all you're doubtless a much better caliber of singer than they get around there, so alienating you because you have a career would be pointlessly stupid on their part (not that a thing being pointlessly stupid is necessarily any impediment to such a thing taking place, c.f. 2004 election) and secondly you can blog them to death if they piss you off. Everybody should know better than to fuck with Meeeeeeegan if she has a chance to get the last word in! :)

Anyway, I'm glad to know that worked out well. Not only is burning choral bridges painful, it's noisy!

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Can't agree on the better calibre of singer -- think of PC as the local equivalent of ASOC.

Anyway, it's still a good idea to stay on my sunny side. :)

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

This is good news, Megan. I am glad for you.

 
At 5:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that that worked out for you, I know you really enjoy singing....now I just have to find a place to do it!

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

Megan, that's such great news!! Apparently, they were wrong when they said that you can't have it all. Just don't order the cake - I fear that would tempt fate too much...

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Yup. If I had it, you know I would want to eat it too...

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Mmmmmm, cake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home