Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

twas the night before preview

I'm sitting in my office, anticipating that soon I'll heat up the food I brought for dinner, because I'm sticking around for a preview performance of the Current New Play tonight. Previews serve as an opportunity for the artistic team and cast to learn a few things from a few audiences, but still have rehearsal time to tweak and shape the show to take advantage of what the preview audiences have taught. Once the show opens officially, there's no more rehearsal time (union rules prohibit it) and the show will go on as it is.

I'll do the same roundelay tomorrow night and the next night, though their schedules are slightly more complicated by speaking engagements. Friday is the official opening night. So, it's dinner in my office and late hours all this week.

Fortunately for me, I love the play and the people working on it. I've also been working on the Next New Play, whose writer/director is spending a week here working on the script. This kind of project overlap doesn't happen to me often, so I was a bit worried about my ability to keep up with both projects simultaneously. So far, knock wood, so good.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

So, how'd it go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home