Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sisters rock, part 1

It's my birthday, and my sisters Shannon and Erin scooped me by posting birthday-related comments under my last post before I was up and at 'em this morning. Here's what they wrote...

Shannnon said...
Happy Birthday to Megan! 5 Great things about Megan (because a good idea should always be shamelessly plagarized- if I could post this for you I would - I hope you do so others can kibitz and keep this from being a limited list)

1. She is courageous - whether it's picking up and moving to a new place away from family, friends & network, or confronting the larger questions through her art, she doesn't shrink from the unknown.

2. She is versatile - She offers a clear-eyed, clearheaded analysis on a wide range of topics from caffeine addiction to amaryllis farming to spirituality to the emotional impact of home cooking, she draws our attention to the larger impact on the world and the inner impact on our own emotional lives.

3. She is spiritual - instead of either rejecting the concept of faith outright or falling into the faith she grew up with out of habit, she constantly searches for the right blend of community, expression and social justice to match her own carefully considered and very cohesive belief system, without judging others.

4. She is available - I don't mean that in the "last resort" way either. She makes herself available for volunteer projects, programs that will grow her artisitic & professional community, and on a personal level for her friends and family in a way that you know she is totally committed.

5. She is an artist - in the way that her talent makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up ion end. Y'all know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home