Lagniappe

a little something extra

Friday, February 01, 2008

crankyannoying

Once upon a time, there was a cartoon published in a newspaper. If I could find it online, I would link it here.

The panels featured two little round-headed human stick figures in dialogue. Their entire script consisted of the words "cranky" and "annoying."

Thing One would say "Cranky," meaning that Thing Two was being cranky.

Thing Two would respond "Annoying," meaning that Thing One was being annoying.

Back and forth they'd go.
"Cranky." "Annoying."
"Cranky..." "Annoying..."
"Craaaankyyyy"
"Annoooooooyiiiiing"

And that is my day. A phone chat with my dad during my morning commute was a very good moment; afterwards, everything went hellwards in handbasketry.

I am craaaankyyyyy.

Everything, and everyone, is annooooooyiiiiiiing.

But acknowledging it helps shrink it to manageable size!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

I'm hoping you won't find the existence of this comment annoying, and I hope things have improved for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home