Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, January 10, 2008

blogs I like

I'm in my office, noodling around on the computer, having finished dinner (brought from home, black bean soup and a couple of corn muffins) and waiting for it to be time to go into the theatre for tonight's final preview of the current show. Things are going well, knock wood.

There are links for select friends' and family members' blogs here at Lagniappe. But I read more widely in the blogosphere than just that august company. So for today's post, I thought I would share a few of my other favorites.

Mikel.org -- where my Canadian friend Mikel writes about Web life, politics, and many other interesting things.

A Veggie Venture -- where a food blogger in St. Louis posts vegetable recipes, many of which are very Weight Watchers-friendly (I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I do consider that a recommendation for the healthiness of the recipes on her site)

The Homesick Texan -- where a Texan in exile writes about the foods of her homeland and her efforts to recreate them in her New York City kitchen. Excellent writing about much more than just food.

Single Ma's Fabulous Financials -- a no-holds-barred personal finance blog that I find highly entertaining.

No Impact Man -- in which the writer documented his effort to live at net zero environmental impact for one year in New York City. Fantastic writing, as well as many adaptable green living ideas.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

I adore No Impact Man's blog! My heater is broken, has been for over a week, and it isn't too cold, but its a might chilly. However, I've just spent lots of time in my little sunny office with a space heater reading through months of No Impact man this weekend. THANKS!!!

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

My pleasure! I hope the broken heater continues to be a relative non-problem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home