Lagniappe

a little something extra

Friday, January 04, 2008

a day and a night

This is one of those workdays that started around 9:30 a.m. and will continue to at least 9:30 p.m., probably later. There was a break for dinner & an errand, but apart from that it's All Theatre All The Time. I'm working this evening because our show is in tech, which in my level of professional theatre means working noon to midnight, with many short breaks and one long meal break in the middle. They landed on a run-through tonight, so here I am, spending my Friday night at work. I knew it was likely to go this way, so I didn't even consider making other plans, but still... sigh.

Accomplishments during this long day's journey into work -- we picked our last show for this season (and the heavens opened and the angels sang Hallelujah), the schedule for my next intern's work got clarified, I reuned with the playwright for my current show (who just flew back into town yesterday), and I picked up opening night gifts for said playwright & the show's director a week before I need them.

On that trip I also picked up a gorgeous handmade card for the couple whose wedding I'm attending tomorrow. They are both over 70. I find their choice to get married extra courageous and charming because of their advanced years, and I am delighted they chose to invite me to the ceremony and reception.

The heavens actually did open today, by the way. It's raining in southern California. Sacre bleu!

4 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm happy you are going to try to write more. I've missed you since Oct.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

My friend Sam was asking me what had happened to you blog-wise... I pointed out to him that at the time it had been several months since he'd written anything himself, at which point he pointed out that I needed to shut the hell up. Anyways, Now that we're back home and getting back into the swing of a normal routine, I'm going to start writing much more often mine-own-self.

Hope you're well, dahling!

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Oh and by the way, when my grandma remarried it was just about the coolest thing ever. You haven't lived until you been a part of a samba line with a bunch of octogenarian Jews... Yah-da/da-da/da - OYE!! Yah-da/da-da/da - OYE!!

I'm not making that up, I swear.

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Cynthia, it's lovely to hear that you're still out there!

Ben, I can only imagine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home