Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, January 03, 2008

three days in, already blew it

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I do and I don't. Don't, in the sense that I don't think making teeth-grindingly determined resolutions is especially good for me. Do, in the sense that with the turn of every year I do a little private ritual of writing down good intentions and goals for the year. I think them out, write them down, focus on them for a while...

and then I fold up the paper, put it away and don't look at it again until the following turn of the year. I am often surprised at the percentage of the "resolutions" I achieved, and that there are often one or two that fall completely off my radar.

This year one of my resolutions was to write something on my blog every day during the month of January. I didn't actually do my ritual until late in the evening of January 1, and missed that day o' blogging. Missed yesterday too because after work I spent my evening finishing my reading for a panel I'm sitting on; the panel "meets" by phone next week to complete its work. So, two days down, no blog posts.

Here we are on day three. And for the next 28 days, you can expect a post every day. Some of them may be nothing more than reports on what I did or will be doing that day, recipes, opinions about music, descriptions of experiences. Probably nothing as in-depth as the Sabbath posts were. But, my plan is, they will be daily and they will be here!

How can you help me with this goal? I'm so glad you asked!

You can help by responding in the comments. I am not an actor; I don't like monologues. Nothing motivates me to blog like seeing your smiling binaries showing up in my comments.

Readers who keep blogs and want to jump on this daily bandwagon for January, please do!

5 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger Glenn Larratt said...

OK, I'll bite. Recipes (especially
for the culinarily inept) would be
great, and I certainly appreciate
opinions about music with which to
agree or not.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Hi Glenn, who are you?

Recipes shall be forthcoming!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Wanda Yang Temko said...

Megan, a belated Happy New Year! I am in full support of this resolution, and can't wait to see your post for today. What do you think of the Iowa caucus results?

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Glenn Larratt said...

Meeegan - you probably don't remember me, but you and I and my then girlfriend (now my wife) had the pleasure of wearing he same shade of
green at Cristopher's wedding lo these many years ago. I happened on your blog following a link from his.

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Oh yes, of course I remember you and your congratulations-now-wife! Hello again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home