Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, September 01, 2005

be careful what you wish for

MoveOn.org is coordinating an effort by which people who have space to house people temporarily displaced or made homeless and looking to start over again after Hurricane Katrina, can do so.

I have an empty house less than 500 miles from where the storm struck.

Hmmmmm.

FAMILY, please check this link to familiarize yourselves with what they're up to. I'm going to start an email round within the next 24 hours, to seek your advice and possibly your support.

Since I accepted my job in CA, I've been deeply conflicted about what to do with this house. I was spectacularly unsuccessful recruiting tenants before I left Atlanta, and I've been utterly unable to get my butt in gear about setting up property management since. It's extremely rare that I have trouble getting my butt in gear about anything. In the last couple of days, I'd been thinking that perhaps I should put the house on the market after all, because it's feeling like a millstone around my neck. Now, this possibility crops up to make the place do some good for some people who really need some good in their lives right now. We shall see what we shall see.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Any movement on this? What's the vector, Victor?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home