Lagniappe

a little something extra

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

cardboard box landscape

My process of settling into a new apartment has been poorly coordinated from the beginning. I had a hard time letting go of living in the townhouse I had just bought (^#&*#@^!!!) in Atlanta, and that folded out like a Jacob's Ladder into all sorts of problems choosing, renting and moving into my apartment in CA.

Nevertheless, I'm here now. It's been nearly a week since the movers (cursed be their name) delivered my worldly goods. And there are little pieces and parts of the apartment that almost sort of look like someone lives here. This corner, for instance, if you ignore the numerous empty, flattened moving cartons tucked behind my desk. I have to find out where I can take my household recycling, since the apartment complex doesn't handle recycling anything.

But for the most part, it's nothing but packed or partially unpacked boxes, as far as the eye can see. The ratio of boxes to civilized space will improve as I a. unpack and b. receive delivery of the new furniture pieces that are presently on order. At some point, though, I'm going to have to face the Bookcase Problem.

::sigh::

As another smart Southern woman once said, "I'll think about it tomorrah. Tomorrah is anothah day."

5 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Works for me! Looks like I'm about to have my first houseguest, though, a performer/writer friend from Atlanta. So I'm going to have to banish some of the boxes to make room.

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

We moved into our house FOUR YEARS AGO and still have boxes. We're slack, mind you; just don't let them worry you. Part of life seems to be eternally sorting and re-sorting our stuff.

By the way, if it is your intent to delete your expletives, please allow me to take your share and use them for my own purposes? I promise only to use my powers for good!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Hey, hands off my expletives! I only delete the ones that aren't creative enough to meet my standards, in which case they're probably not creative enough to meet yours either.

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

My lovely wife still has unpacked boxes. We have found these to be lovely places for animals to make themselves comfortable.

One cat particularly likes the box of spare scripts!

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

The cat has good taste!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home