Lagniappe

a little something extra

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

annual mailing

A day or two ago, my annual mailing from the Soc.ial Se.curity Ad.mini.stration arrived.

Because of my age, and the unstable state of the program as frequently described in the mainstream media, I take this mailing with a grain of salt. Yes, S.S.A. may not exist by the time I hit the relevant birthdays.

But that's not really the point. I like this annual mailing because it shows the progress of my earning. They're always one full year behind, so this mailing I just received only goes up to 2006. Still, it's nice to see the following:

According to S.S.A., my earning doubled in nine years.

It tripled in about 12 years.

Of course, neither of those proportions will probably hold up over the next nine or twelve years. So I might as well enjoy them while I can. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home