Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

wrong side of the bed

What do you do to drag yourself out of a bad mood into a good one?

I'm a moody person. I freely acknowledge this. And I do my best not to let my bad moods leak over onto other people. (I'm happy to let my good moods be contagious, of course.)

This morning, the instant I woke up I knew I was in trouble. A bad mood was already in progress -- must have pounced on me from the ceiling fan and sunk its claws in while I was sleeping.

So, here's an interactive post: tell me in the comments what you do to adjust a bad mood and brighten up your outlook? Extra bonus points if your technique doesn't involve spending money.

9 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

I dance...really. I watch Strictly Ballroom or something and dance my ass off.

If that does not work, I have to spend money.

Chai.

Mmm.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Dancing is an excellent suggestion!

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Wanda Yang Temko said...

Laugh. Find your favorite comedian or movie on YouTube. This is for the music nerd in you. http://youtube.com/watch?v=wvqSaQ1yijs

Ben and I nearly peed ourselves when we saw this one. Even if it doesn't cure your bad mood, it might alleviate it somewhat. Hang in there!

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Thanks! I'll take a look at that when I get home tonight. I've actually never ventured onto YouTube...

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Exercise. Dancing is one form, but going for a run or playing tennis for several hours is more my speed (and I've not the grace for dancing, alas). I can usually go from a mighty grump to reasonable after a good run.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Indeed indeed, and I will be at the gym in the morning. :-)

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger girl_in_greenwood said...

Yoga. Nice cup of tea. Disappearing into a good book. Taking a nap. Snuggling with the kitty. And if money is involved, splurging on something chocolatey.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

I can't decide whether the book or the nap is more tempting! Thanks for the plethora of good suggestions. :-)

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

If at work, I look at pictures of Connor and Drew. If at home, I play with them. If that doesn't work, I put on a CD of something that I like to sing when I'm mad (top choice is usually the song "These Days" by REM from a CD out in 1985) and clean something - the kitchen, the blinds, under the bed. Clearing out the old stuff that piles up always makes me feel better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home