Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tripp thinks I'm weird

My dear friend Tripp tagged me with a meme.

And what, some of my dear readers may ask, is a meme? Well, here's Wikipedia's article that describes it generally. And here's a description of the term meme as used in the blogosphere; scroll down about halfway and you'll find the section.

Essentially, a blogger asks a question (like, "Name five things you own") and links to other bloggers' blogs, thus asking them to answer the meme. You answer the meme on your blog, and link to still other blogs, who answer the meme and pass it on. Basically it's a form of chain letter.

I never ever participate in chain letters, including ones passed on by email. But I don't mind memes. Those of you who may be looking for consistency in this statement should consult Walt Whitman. :-)

So! Without further ado, here are Six Weird Things About Me:

1. Everybody thinks I'm organized. They are so fooled!!
Actually, everybody thinks I'm naturally organized. That's where the error lies. I'm naturally entropic. But if I want to keep a roof over my head and food on the table, now and in the future, I have to manage things left-brainedly. There's a corollary here that states, Everybody thinks I'm logical. In fact, I only use logic to explain or convince everybody else of what I already know intuitively.

2. I like my color-changing hair.
There isn't enough yet to really show whether it's white, silver or gray, but it's coming in, and I like it. I don't intend ever to color it -- just keep cutting it shorter and shorter as it gets lighter and lighter. Of course, if I change my mind about the color option at some point, again I will refer you to Walt.

3. I'm enjoying life without broadcast TV.
When I moved last July, I decided not to subscribe to cable TV for a while, for economic reasons. Then I discovered that I couldn't get any reception of the supposedly free airwaves either. So for the past... what... nine months now? It's been Netflix or nothing. And it's been nice.

4. I'm an agnostic who regularly attends church.
Walt again. 'Nuff said.

5. I'm an INFJ.
Go here to discover what that means. Apparently, it's rare.

6. You should feel free to fill in the last one.
Use the Comments! (I borrowed this from Tripp.)

5 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Blogger Vicky Jo said...

fyi: www.INFJ.com

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

I am an INFP...

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

Do you have to tag 6 people as well?

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Well, I don't want to engage with the chain-letter effect.

So how about this: anybody who feels like doing the Six Weird Things Meme should feel free to do so!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Adam Szymkowicz said...

I am also an INFJ although sometimes I feel like and INTJ.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home