Lagniappe

a little something extra

Friday, March 02, 2007

Principle: Love One Another

Love one another.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the best organizing principle for a life that I have ever heard, read or found.

It is also the sum total of the Christian doctrine that I truly believe. This will explain why my appointment in Tripp's virtual university is to a chair in heresy, among other things...

Was Jesus divine or human? Dunno. Not particularly worried about it.

Did Jesus exist, historically speaking? Dunno. Probably, given his literary longevity and the way that the writings about him sprang into being.

Does God exist? Dunno. I know I won't find out for sure until I die, if even then. And that's why the first part of the Great Commandment doesn't appear here.

But even if the answer to all of the above questions is a resounding, final NO...

Love One Another is still the best organizing principle for a life, that I have ever heard, read or found. I'm sticking with it.

3 Comments:

At 1:14 PM , Blogger Cristopher said...

Hey, you stole my 7th principle!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Heh! Great minds think alike...

This is actually my last one, because I'm running away from home again. I'll be back to post on Monday.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger kgm said...

Can I join your church?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home