Lagniappe

a little something extra

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

at the top of the ski jump

And I know it's going to be a long, fast ride with not a lot of control!

I start rehearsals on Friday for New Play #1. It overlaps by a week with the beginning of rehearsals for New Play #2. Once I've completed both of those, I have one week of regular office work before I start rehearsals for the Festival Workshop. Two weeks later, four more playwrights arrive, and a week after that about 100 of my colleagues from across the country arrive for the Big Fat Festival we run every year.

This is all good work, but man! It's a long chain with no breaks.

Happily, I managed to get all my tax documentation together and it goes out in the mail to my magic tax person tomorrow.

The remaining personal to-do list includes:
  • getting info together and scheduling an appointment to take my car in for its 120,000 mile checkup
  • printing personal photos to put in their assigned frames and hang up
  • cleaning my apartment thoroughly before my two houseguests arrive
  • making an appointment to get my hair trimmed on Saturday morning so I won't look shaggy in photos from Drew's christening festivities
It goes on and on... not really complaining, just amazed!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, better not look shaggy -- like Drew would notice, or any of the rest of us would care! Though I must admit, I'm taking ruthless advantage of my trip up to the DC area for the christening to squeeze a haircut in, so please don't cast a stone back at me ... oh, wait, you won't have time :) -- erin

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Hee hee! Yes, we will both be shorn and chic. But Drew's hair will still be shorter. :)

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

and, of course, he has the ultrahip "fauxhawk" look going :)

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Well, he's gotta do something to stand up in the company of his brother's Billy Idol homage look!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home