Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

not just reading

I realize that my non-Sabbath-related blogging has fallen off a lot in recent weeks. This period has been the beginning of my long busy season at work that runs from the turn of the year through the middle of May, nearly nonstop.

So, personal blogging has slowed on two fronts: one, I often don't feel like plugging the computer in when I get to spend time at home, and two, I don't have much going on apart from work to blog about!

I thought I would at least make a stab at it tonight. Nothing terribly heavy, just a look at a few things besides Muller's book.

I've just almost-finished getting my tax documents together; one more thing to print, and them I'm done. Tomorrow or Thursday, I will try to pry a moment free to call the professional person who has prepared my taxes for the past few years. I'd love to work with her again this year, but she's changed "day jobs" in the interim, and I don't know whether she will still be running her tax preparation business on the side. Here's hoping.

Tonight, I figured out the mileage I put on my car in the last year, some of which I can list as deductible expenses. This is a scary set of numbers to grapple with when you live where I live. I put 10,000 miles on the car just commuting to and from work last year. I put over 2,000 miles on the car going to see theatre hither and yon. Yowza.

I'm planning to run away for the four-day weekend and visit some friends up in the Bay Area. My theatre will be closed on Monday for Presidents' Day, and since I worked all through this past weekend and had to stay late last night, I have claimed Friday as an additional day off. I'm going to hit the road going north early Friday morning, and come back sometime Monday. I'm meeting with theatre folk while I'm there, so, more mileage to claim on next year's taxes!

For now, I must to bed. The alarm will ring at 6:00 and I want to be well enough rested to get my butt to the gym before work.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I'm going to spend tomorrow being the Generalized, Undifferentiated Valentine's Day Fairy to everyone I know, spreading love regardless of people's romantic status.

6 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Happy Happy Valentine's Day to you, Megan, and enjoy your time off!

PS - I think the world would end if ever I uttered the phrases "get up at 6 AM" and "well rested" in the same sentence, regardless of the context. I wish I knew how you did that!

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Go to bed early. It's the only way the math works.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

 
At 6:37 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, but that only works if you can go to *sleep* early, rather than lying there with your eyes stubbornly open and your brain refusing to just pipe down and wait until the morning ... I gotta say, I'm with Ben on this one! Hope you had a lovely day spreading Valentine's cheer to the masses in SoCal and cyberspace!

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

That's true. I'm lucky that I rarely have trouble falling asleep. I'm sure menopause will change all that, but for now, I'll be grateful for it!

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger chunkinsblog said...

erin - just pick up something from your newspaper stack. the redundancy of the news (war is bad, Iraq is a mess, president bush is a lame duck a year early, etc) should help make those eyes droop!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger kgm said...

Happy belated Heart Day to you, Megan! I hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home