Lagniappe

a little something extra

Friday, May 26, 2006

Mo' from IN

I would have to go considerably further east to get into actual MO. But, here is some mo'.

I have walked... past... both labyrinths. Haven't actually walked one yet because my schedule has prohibited. I tend to get up between 7:00 and 7:45, get some exercise, then shower and have breakfast. I'm in rehearsal from 9:00 to 5:00 with a break for lunch. So far, there have almost always been short things scheduled at 5:15, dinner at 6:30 (we take all our meals in common) and readings or other such official activities at 8 p.m. Go to bed sometime between 11 and 1, and get up and do it again. (Amen.)

The windows in that schedule are filled with conversations with the playwright and director I'm working with, with the University of Evansville students and recent graduates who are working at this festival, and with other artists who are working on other projects. Also with keeping up with my work email and voicemail messages. I'm trying to demonstrate to the Powers that Be at work how easy it is for the world to keep spinning while I work out of town.

So, yeah. I'm not spending so much time soaking in the small-town deliciousness and ecumenical but extremely sincere spirituality of New Harmony. But I'm doing what I came here to do, doing it well (so far, knock wood) and hoping to make more opportunities to do it in more places in the future.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

I think I'm in Posey County, actually. But you could be right!

Yes, I was making a play on words on MO (Missouri) and mo' (more).

Great to "see" you virtually!! Jean-Pierre Rampal, indeed!!

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Yes, Cynthia, despite Meeegan's many gifts and virtues, she did confuse the geographic placement of Missouri vis-a-vis where she is right now. Maybe if she gets to walk a labyrinth, she will get herself re-oriented ... Wouldn't that count as exercise one morning, M? Or is it too soothing to the pulse-rate?

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

Ah, well. Y'all love me for reasons other than my prowess as a geographer. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home