Lagniappe

a little something extra

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

festivity

The Festival presented several challenges today, but I think we've managed them all. The last play starts its rehearsal process tomorrow, and the national guests start arriving Thursday. By Sunday late afternoon, it will all be over.

When I produced the festival that was part of my job in Minneapolis, on the last day after I'd wrapped everything up I used to stop at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant on the way home and pick up takeout. I would have a beer or two (I rarely drink beer on its own, but it's a really good foil for Vietnamese food) with my takeout meal, then get twelve hours of sleep. When this festival finishes, I'm considering the possibility of going from the theatre to a Mexican restaurant near my apartment when the last show comes down around 5 p.m., having one or two margaritas and some food, then going home and crawling into bed at 7:00 to sleep straight through. By then I'll probably be too wired for this plan to work, but it's fun to contemplate from this distance!

While I wait for my appointed time to enter this evening's rehearsal, I have to tell a friend that I can't accept the directing opportunity he offered me. I've pushed the calendar around from every direction, and I still can't make the dates work. Darn full-time job!

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Or should we darn the rigidity of only-24-hour days, and only-7-day weeks? If only time were as malleable as the science fiction writers want it to be :) Hope the festiveness is a great success!!!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Yes! Whose idea was this 24-7 thing, anyway? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home