Lagniappe

a little something extra

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good thing they love me anyway

This is the email I just sent to my family:

Dear folks,

This is it! The holiday decorations are up at all the shopping malls, the chorus is rehearsing Christmas music, the ground is white with snow (well, okay, not so much with the snow part, at least not around here). That must mean...

IT IS TIME TO WRITE YOUR CHRISTMAS LISTS!!

Yes, it's early. Yes, I mean it. See how charmingly unpredictable I am, sending this a few weeks ahead of the usual time?

So let some visions of sugarplums dance in your heads, and then publish those visions (haiku or sonnet format optional, and I dare you) forthwith. ErinKathleenthismeansyou.

Love,
Megan

8 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

Ah, you make me laugh.

 
At 6:19 AM , Blogger Benjamin said...

My newest goal in life is to be the first poster of a comment on a Lagniappe entry. Tripp, you da man (and, I like this new picture of yours rather a lot, but what are you looking at over there?)!

Charming indeed, dahling. What have I been saying all these years?

And, can I be the first to request a Daisy Red Ryder 200-shot Carbine Action Air Rifle? Oh wait, I'm not family. DAMN!!!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Dude, as if I'd give you a gun even if we did share DNA!

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

So wait - is this to say that other family members of your might qualify for the Meeegan-NRA-Special just because they aren't *me? Hey Shannon, ask Megan for a gun! And then can I borrow it? :)

And besides, down at the atomic level all of our atoms are identical to one another anyway, so, er... yeah.

* disclaimer : I wouldn't have the 1st idea what to do with a gun, unless somewhere in Atlanta there's some sort of turn-in-your-gun-and-receive-free-iPod-in-return program going on, and even then you wouldn't catch me anywhere near it - there's poeple with guns roaming around that place, for christ's sake, it's fucking dangerous!

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

*sigh*

Ben, I wouldn't give anybody a gun. Even if they were related to me.

Capisci?

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Erin said...

So in the space of 3 posts, I have gone from E* to Erin to ErinKathleenthismeans you. PLanning to publish my date of birth or SSN next time? ;)

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger meeegan said...

Sorry, I had to remove my own comment because it contained an egregious typo.

Erin, I won't publish any numerical data, but I might include your dog's name!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home