Lagniappe

a little something extra

Monday, October 16, 2006

a quick link

Cristopher, who became my friend in Austin, is now serving an Episcopalian parish near San Antonio -- but he got there by way of a sojourn in northern California. Our friendship has also survived my peripetations from Austin to Minneapolis, from Minneapolis to Atlanta, from Atlanta to southern California... oy vey.

Anyway, Cristopher blogged today about a saint/person whose story I found interesting and moving. Go check it out.

Happy Schereschewsky Day, y'all!

6 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Interesting made-up word (no, not the saint's name, I mean "peripetations") -- it seems like it should be a word, but it's not in the 18-lb. block o' knowledge in my office! erin

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger meeegan said...

No kidding?! I didn't realize I was making that one up.

"Peregrinations" is certainly a word, and means the same thing. But I do like "peripetations." You heard it here first, folks.

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

You are not a word sleuth, but a true wordsmith...let's start using it and see what happens. English is fun this way.

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

Oh...ahem...

(o)

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Well, if we're going to enrich the language (and who better to do so than a dramaturg, a preacher and a lawyer? From the proscenium, the pulpit and the podium ...), then we had probably better quiet the naysayers by spelling it more like the word from whence it sprang (sprung?), "peripatetic" -- or, in other words, "peripatations." Just my $0.02 for today.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

Should we take it further back to the Greek? Peripeteo...It's a happy little verb. To wander...if memory serves me right.

Peripetetings?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home